Saturday, September 5, 2026

Mending Fences

 


This week we spent quite a bit of time in the sweltering 97° heat mending fences.

We are planing on getting some sheep and want them to be safe.

Several portions of fence were crushed down. It looked as if several heavy animals belly flopped on it. Anyway, as we worked, Reg kept saying, "Good fences make good neighbors" repeatedly, It made me laugh.  I think the sun was getting to him. 

Every time he said it I thought about mending fences as a metaphor for repenting and forgiving.


 I got some pretty bad wire punctures from putting up new fence. It really hurt...for days. 


In our lives we have have many opportunities to be accidently and on purposely be hurt. But if we don't forgive, and in my case put some appropriate gloves on, we let the incident hurt us again and again needlessly. 


I loved the talk below on this topic. I hope it touches you as it did me. 

I love you 

No comments: